Everyone looks into these things before deciding on getting a hair transplant, such as the best clinic, the country to perform the procedure, the doctor, and the knowledge of the latest and most advanced hair transplant techniques, which have many advantages. Hair transplant has become one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in recent years due to the development of hair transplant technologies and its best solution for baldness and hair loss for both men and women.
What are hair transplant technologies, and what is the difference between them?
Hair transplant technologies are methods developed to make the transplantation process easier and achieve the best result. The differences between hair transplant technologies depend on the number of grafts that can be transplanted according to each technique, in addition to the cost and duration of the procedure. In this article, we will talk about the differences between FUE and DHI hair transplant technologies and which one is better.
There are several differences between FUE and DHI hair transplant techniques:
FUE is ideal for covering large bald areas and for those who have heavy hair loss, while DHI is the best solution for achieving higher density, using a tool with a curved needle that plants more than 100 grafts in a small area of less than 1 cm.
FUE requires shaving the entire head before the procedure, while DHI only requires shaving the donor area.
DHI has a faster recovery period, while FUE is characterized by continuous harvesting of grafts, which makes the number of scars and wounds smaller.
DHI uses a medical tool that resembles a pen called the "Choi Implanter" which creates the sites for the future hair follicles and plants the grafts in one step.
DHI requires more experience compared to other hair transplant techniques.
FUE is cheaper, does not require any special care, and the person undergoing the procedure can resume their daily activities within 24 hours. DHI has a short recovery period and has no other down-time.
It is necessary to be well-prepared after determining the hair transplantation technique, but how?
- Start massaging your scalp for 10–30 minutes every day a month before the procedure.
- Stop smoking at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure, as it may slow the healing process.
- Avoid taking blood thinning drugs such as aspirin for 2 weeks prior to the procedure, and do not take vitamins or supplements.
- Do not use any cosmetic or therapeutic hair products before consulting with a medical advisor.
- Avoid fatty foods at least 10 days prior to the procedure.
- Avoid heavy exercise and activities one week prior to the procedure.
- Avoid sugary, protein and carbohydrate-rich foods the night before the procedure.
- Bathe the night before the procedure, as you cannot bathe for several days after the procedure.
Not all advanced techniques are suitable for all medical conditions, therefore consult a doctor who will decide which hair transplantation technique is suitable for you after conducting the necessary discussions, exams and tests.
It is worth mentioning that Turkey is the most attractive country for those suffering from hair loss and baldness around the world and decide to undergo hair transplantation due to its technological advancements and experts from different countries.